Thursday, October 14, 2010

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I guess I should use this first post to explain this whole thing. Then when people ask what's up with this, I can just refer them here. It's easy to find.

I've been interested in the occult and new agey stuff for a long time, and last weekend I picked up a talking board because it was very pretty. For reference, it's this one. So I decided to pick it up and mess around with it. Give it a try and see what happens. This blog serves a dual purpose as a record and a sounding board as I reason out the answers I get from the board.

As it turns out, it's pretty neat. Talking boards have been around forever. Very simply put, it's a board with a bunch of stuff (letters, numbers, symbols, etc) on it and a clear usually round object called a planchette. The planchette moves around the board and whatever symbol it centers on is your answer, or a part of your answer. Oh and the Ouija Board is not the definitive talking board, and is not what these things are called. They are talking boards, not ouija boards. That name was invented to be marketable when the Ouija Board was created as a parlor game.

How it actually works is debatable. The real physics behind it, if you will, is that you are moving the planchette yourself. Yes, it's all you, of course you're pushing it. But when it's working, it doesn't feel like it. Go into a doorway and try to raise your arms at the shoulders. Keep them straight and push against the sides of the doorway for about thirty seconds or so. Now step out and relax. Hey, your arms just went up by themselves!! It's something like that. The driving force behind the movement is a mystery. Some people think it's your subconscious tapping into the great universal energy. Other people think it's a spirit entity. There are a bunch of different answers out there, but the one thing you should keep in mind is that it needs you to work. It's not going to move by itself - that's Hollywood stuff. By the same token, you shouldn't be making it work. Just relax and push it where it tells you to push it. You'll understand what I mean when it starts working.

Now here comes the disclaimer. I'm not psychic. I have no mental powers. I don't claim to, nor will I ever intimate as much. I can't see into the future, I can't move stuff with my mind, I can't tell what you're thinking. I just relax really well.

The talking board is a creative and meditative tool, nothing more. It can't tell you the future. It can make predictions based on facts and guesses like telling the weather, but it won't give you the numbers for the next lotto drawing. I've tried that already. However, since the past has already happened, and is in the collective universal energy, it should be able to provide insights into the past. This is something I have not yet tried and verified for myself, so that should be taken with a grain of salt.

I cannot vouch for the validity of anything the board tells me. There's always the possibility that I am influencing the reading myself. This is why you should never ask the board something important to you, that you really want a certain answer to, because chances are you'll get the answer you want to get simply because you want it so much. Any readings that involve a strong personal and emotional connection are bound to be clouded by your own mind.

This blog is for research and creative purposes only, and for the entertainment of readers. This is not to be taken seriously or as truth. If any readings are done for other people, they are done with the intent to help others focus their thoughts and come to their own conclusions. The board does not give answers, it guides thinking.

So why Far Elm Street? The board told me to. No, seriously. This morning I was asking about blogging and the board seemed okay with it. I asked it to help me come up with a name, and it said Far Elm Street. The word Far is on the board, and it went to that, then to the elm tree in the Ring of Trees, and then the letters S and T. I went over it a couple times to clarify, and it kept doing the same thing, even going so far as to start spelling out Street. So Far Elm Street it is.

You'll see two people posting here: me and "the board." Any colorful stuff will be posted by me, Crifmer. Discussion, opinions, commentary on occult and new agey stuff, that sort of thing. Actual readings will be posted by "Far Elm Street," the owner of this blog. Which is also me, but I thought it might be nice to separate out "official" posts. As for the rest, I'll make it up as I go along.

Welcome to the journey. I'm interested to see where this takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment